Saturday, September 6, 2014

Kew Gardens...Nice but I don't get It...

My cousins and friend left on a tour of the city so I decided to go somewhere I have never been, Kew Gardens.




I really do not mean to be rude but I don't get it.  It's a nice park but I have seen more beautiful in other parts of England.  I took the Explorer train around the park so I could see the entire place.

It has a few special greenhouses including the Prince of Wales, Palm and Aquatic ones as well as some pretty flowers.......







 
 


But other than that the only thing of interest to me was Kew Palace and the Palace Kitchens.



It is not an ostentatious place and rather small but King George III spent his early years here.





The royal toilet.....



The kitchens were separate from the house and set up to accommodate huge feasts.







Other than that Kew was pretty but not what I expected, so been there, done that, don't think I will ever do again.  I will say this, the place was packed so maybe it was just me.  Or maybe I have spent so much time in the Cotswolds that everything else pales by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment