Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hello Sydney!!!

Well here I am in Sydney, Australia!

It's about as far away from Jacksonville, Florida I can get and believe me after those 22 hours in the air it felt that way too!

Sydney, is an exciting, big city with about 4 million people.  Everyone I met was friendly and accommodating.  I'm traveling alone these first couple of weeks so nice to be someplace where everyone is so helpful.

I purchased a two day tour online prior to getting here so bright and early I struck out to meet my coach.  Sydney is pretty easy to navigate so the good news is I didn't get lost.

My first day I planned a city tour and harbor cruise.  The weather has been stunning which made everything even better.

Let me tell you that this is one funky city!

It is a fairly new city but also juxtaposition of old and new.





Old Sydney is The Rocks area full of older buildings, pubs and restaurants.





They have some pretty out there art work as well. This car had a rock in the back seat and I saw another with plants growing out of it.  I actually liked that one!



And this Coke sign is actually a national landmark!



And of course no visit is complete without seeing world renowned Bondi Beach!

 
 
 
 
However the absolute most gorgeous part of Sydney is its stunning harbor.  Absolutely breathtaking!





 
I want to live in one of these houses!!
 


 
Here's the famous Sydney bridge known for the way it was constructed.
 
 


And whomever designed the Opera House could not have designed a more fitting landmark.

                                                             What a stunner!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment