Monday, March 25, 2013

Another One Bites the Dust!

Well, it was bound to happen.......

Here I am in beautiful Singapore with big plans for the day.

Plan A:  Carolyn and I go on our tour, get off downtown, go to the famous Raffles, have a Singapore Sling where they were invented and where Hemmingway, Kipling and Noel Coward hung out.

Carolyn forgot to get her passport and temporarily lost her walled so she missed the bus.

Plan B:  I get off the bus after the tour, go to Raffles, have my drink take a few pictures and cab back to ship.

I trip on curb rushing to tour bus, go flying through the air, land on my knees, then chest, then slam my face into the pavement.  I am able to stand after being helped up but limping with a busted lip, sore face and ruined sunglasses.  Luckily, I was able to get up.

The ladies on the bus cleaned the dirt off my face and hands, kept an eye on me in case I couldn't keep up and offered me a pain pill if I was in distress.

Plan C:  Made is back to the ship on the bus after the tour.  Got three buckets of ice.  Ice my now purple lip and two purple knees.  Forget Raffles.

Prologue:  Woke up this morning still sore but not stiff and able to move.  Room service just brought more ice and I am getting on the bus for Kuala Lumpur.


 Lip still swollen, looks like someone popped me in the mouth.  Or like my mom used to jokingly say:  "He said shut up and you must of thought he said stand up!"

At least I haven't lost my sense of humor......

No comments:

Post a Comment