Sunday, March 24, 2013

Koi Samui, Thailand

I had really not planned to post about this stop.  It is a resort island, known for its beaches and not much else except the old guys with very young women and lady boys, if you get my drift....

Anyway, I decided to take some pictures from the ship since it is very pretty.....




Then I noticed this.....



I had been at lunch sharing a table with an Englishman who traveled around the world several times.  He told me about the pirate drill we were going to have to do when we got off the coast of Somalia.
Everyone with outside rooms closes their curtains, leave their rooms and sit in the hall.  He commented we had nothing to worry about unless we saw destroyers sitting out there by us....that meant potential trouble and cause for concern.

So imagine my surprise when I saw three of these ships sitting between us and the shore!!!!

 
Although this was the supply ship and closer to my camera, there were two others with guns positioned further away.  Welcome to our world.......

No comments:

Post a Comment