Saturday, June 2, 2012

Take Your Shirt Off and Get on the Table!!

Girls, let me tell you, when Zac got me on that table, he turned me every way but loose!

I got my back massaged (I liked that), my neck popped (that didn't go over as well but I can probably spin my head completely around now like that chick in the Exorcist!)

My back got thumped, shoulders turned, you name it.

He should have read my mind when he had my head in his hands and told me to relax right before he popped my neck the second time.  Are you kidding me? Relax?  I'm checking to see if I can still feel my toes!!

I have to admit that I was still feeling some of the effects of the codeine because every time he asked me to turn to my right or left I had to think about it and I didn't always come up with the right answer!

I distinctly remember him telling me to look to my left and I went right instead.  He informed me that was the Australian left and he needed the English one.  (Not only was he cute, he was funny!)

Finally, after an assortment of corrections to get me straightened out he decided we needed to move on to acupuncture to get that trapped nerve up.  After he pulled those pins out he put pressure on my back with his finger and told me to let him know when I felt the pressure release.  Let me tell you that trapped nerve popped out so forcefully  I didn't have to tell him anything, he could feel it big time.

I was healed......well almost.  Then I had to go to posture school.  He explained why I was hurt and what to do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I made a follow up appointment to see him again the day before I left.  He didn't think it was necessary but I did.  I wasn't about to leave him without making sure I was okay. 



By my second visit I was doing really well, not taking any pills and I had been working on my posture but I wanted him to put the "hands" on me again.  I have had many massages but none as good as Zac's and I liked it.

Trust me when I say, that it is as good as it gets.  Wheweeee!  I was so relaxed it took me a few minutes to remember, or care, how to get home to my cottage.


To sum it up, Zac was awesome!  A combination of skills I had never experienced and I was majorly impressed (and grateful).   Physical therapist, chiropractor, educator, acupuncturist, masseur and probably a bunch of other stuff I don't know about because I was only there twice!

He has offered to find me a good person to go to at home which I thought was very thoughtful (told you he was tender hearted). When that happens he is moving directly to super-hero status!

We had come a long way from that first phone call.

And here is what I have learned.

Keep your shoulders over your ribcage, use ice, not heat, on a trapped nerve and/or spasm, and go get myself a man with hands like Zac's.  Ooh-la-la!



My handsome hero!



No comments:

Post a Comment