Thursday, May 3, 2012

Castiglione del Lago and Perugia

So while I was riding with Paolo I asked him where I could find a beautiful place for an extended stay in the area.  I wanted a small town with all the amenities, a train station and spectacular view.

Boy, did he deliver.  I fell in love with Castiglione del Lago in Umbria.  I see a month by the lake in my future big time!



Gorgeous mountain and lake view, lots of amenities.




Paolo said he knew exactly the place for me. Large terrace overlooking the lake, private villa, etc.. etc.  AND the streets are flat once you get to the main town as well as a castle overlooking the lake.  Aye-yi-yi, I don't think my heart can take much more!!

After that heart stopping adventure we went to Denuta which is famous for it's majolica.  The owner toured the facility with us and showed us many of his pieces that he has made for Neiman Marcus, Tiffany's and even George Clooney.  (He liked some Venetian mask stuff that personally I didn't care for but if George liked it , so be it.)  They throw it on a wheel, bake it, hand paint all the designs, they had some gorgeous things with prices to match!





I particularly liked this vase but out of my price range at the moment!



After the ceramic visit, we were off to Perugia.  Big city, beautiful views, good chocolate!








Perugia is a pretty town but too big for me.  If I want a large town I prefer Florence, Rome or Sorrento.  So back we went to the Tuscany we all love!










No comments:

Post a Comment