Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wine-Tasting, San Gimignano and Volterra with Paolo

My traveling companions are little winos.  Now the whole world knows.  And Paolo had just the place for them.  Off we go to wine tasting and lunch.  SEVEN different wines with lunch.  Now as you know, I am not much of a drinker.  Needless to say, I was lit before we got halfway through lunch but luckily Laurie volunteered to finish all my wines. 

We learned how to hold the glass, left hand then right, cover and swish, inhale, sip and swallow.  It wore me out just following the directions.  Of course, remember I wasn't feeling any pain.  I'm a vegetarian and didn't even know the lasagna had meat until I was halfway through it if that tells you anything.

Next stop was San Gimignano but it was raining and crowded so we just skirted the town and saw the Roman amphitheatre.





And on to Volterra which has some of the most beautiful countryside in the entire area.  The town itself is similar to many others BUT look at this landscape.









Unfortunately it wasn't a pretty day but you get the idea!

And my experienced wine drinking friends....they slept almost all the way to Volterra and missed most of it although they were conscious on the way back!!


Wednesday we are off to Perugia, Montepulciano and Pienza......with Paolo.

Stay tuned....Ciao Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment